Deadline for abstracts: March 1st, 2018
Deadline for full paper submission: August 31, 2018
Special issue publication: January 2019
Well-being and quality-of-life (QOL) research have has been gaining momentum for the past 20 years or so in tourism, leisure, and hospitality management. The general theme of the special issue is to contribute to this growing line of research by inviting scholars to write conceptual papers empirical studies, or case studies/best practices across all facets of service industries. This special issue seeks to publish research that builds on existing wellbeing/QOL theory, research, and practice to help develop new ways of providing and improving services and service design.
This special issue invites papers from a range of disciplines and fields of specialty research related (but not limited) to the following topics:
- Links between wellbeing and services industries – opportunities and challenges
- Corporate social responsibility and customer wellbeing in service settings
- Corporate social responsibility and employee wellbeing in service settings
- Corporate social responsibility and community well-being in service settings
- Corporate social responsibility and environmental wellbeing in service settings
- The role of the service industries in facilitating value creation for consumer wellbeing
- Examining wellbeing and quality of life issues within different cultures and service industries.
- Establishing interrelationships among competitiveness, issues of sustainability, consumer, and societal well-being
- Impacts of service activities on consumers’ subjective wellbeing
- Development of wellbeing and quality of life indicators for service industries
- Replication and validation of wellbeing indexes in service settings
- Case studies and best practices of wellbeing and quality of life measures in service settings
- Objective and subjective measures of wellbeing and quality of life in service industries
Demographic and behavioral variations in wellbeing with respect to different aspects of service delivery platforms
Researchers are invited to indicate their interest in contributing to this special issue by sending a 300-word abstract of their proposed paper by March 1st, 2018 to one of the guest editors by email.
The deadline for full paper submission is August 31st, 2018 for standard peer review.
Vist our 'Instructions for Authors' page for full submission instructions.
Publication for this special issue is January – February 2019.
- Guest Editor: Muzaffar Uysal, University of Massachusetts, USA (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Guest Editor: M. Joseph Sirgy, Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University, USA (email@example.com)
- Guest Editor: Hyelin (Lina) Kim, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, USA (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Editor-In-Chief: Levent Altinay, Oxford Brookes University (email@example.com)