Era of connectedness: The future of Technology, Engineering & Innovation in a digital society
June 17 – 20, 2018
The 24th ICE/IEEE ITMC 2018 invites high-quality papers to be presented at this premier international event. Submissions should contribute to a substantial, original and previously unpublished research in the topics of the conference. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Theoretical research papers that provide new concepts in the domain of engineering, technology, and innovation;
- Empirical studies and qualitative case studies that develop new insights;
- System design and development papers that go beyond the pure description of systems and give insight into theory and effectiveness of the approach;
- Verification and validation papers that evaluate the application of solutions.
The review committee is available to provide feedback on abstracts and paper ideas (submit your proposal to ConferenceChairs@ICE-IEEE-2018.org). Papers will be selected through a double-blind refereeing process based on the submitted full papers. Final papers should have no more than 7.000 words (all inclusive) and should be in the correct format. The paper should clearly describe its purpose and relevance, a reference to existing theories and related works, research methods used and major results in engineering, technology and innovation. Papers are expected to show the following structure: (i) Introduction, (ii) Relation to existing theories and work, (iii) Research/Technology/Innovation approach, (iv) Findings, (v) Conclusion, and (vi) References (Papertemplate).
Review criteria will be (a) whether and (b) how the paper extends the existing body of knowledge in engineering, technology and innovation as its contribution, and (c) therefore its relevance for the conference topics, (d) the scientific/innovation quality of the approach and (e) the clarity of presentation. Papers will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Papers will only be accepted for review on the condition that the material is original, that it has not been copyrighted, published, presented or is currently submitted for consideration elsewhere. Based on the recommendations of the reviewers, the editorial committee will allocate submissions for oral presentation of papers and/or for poster presentations. Speakers will have 20 minutes for presentation and discussion of their paper. The official language of the conference is English.
The ICE/IEEE ITMC 2018 conference will publish one paper per presenting author only. All accepted papers will be submitted for publication in the digital conference proceedings to be available via IEEE Xplore® (with ISBN Number and DOI for the paper), only if at least one author pays a full registration fee before the deadline.
Authors of selected papers will be invited to submit extensions of the presented work to special issues of indexed scientific journals, e.g.:
- Full paper submission: 13th February 2018
- Poster submission: 28th February 2018
- Full paper and poster notification of acceptance: 2nd April 2018
- (Reviews are performed as soon as papers are handed in, early submissions are strongly encouraged )
- Print-ready IEEE-PDF express-compliant-final papers, copy-right form: 16th April 2018
Papers must be submitted using the online system available at www.ice-conference.org. For any questions please contact the secretariat at ConferenceChairs@ICE-IEEE-2018.org. The Organizing Committee is willing to provide feedback on abstracts from now on (contact us to ConferenceChairs@ICE-IEEE-2018.org).
- Blockchain - Technology & Business Impact
- Artificial Intelligence
- Big Data: Challenges of master data management in the age of digitization
- Robotics & Autonomous Systems
- Virtual, Augmented & Mixed Reality
- Advanced Manufacturing & Factories of the Future: New Materials, Processes and Business Models
- Internet of Things (IoT) & Cyber Physical Systems (CPS)
- Additive Manufacturing & 3D Printing
- Future Trends in Microsystems Technology
- Smart Grid and the Infrastructure of Future Energy Supply
- Industrial Internet & Industry 4.0 – Methods, Standards & Reference Architectures
- ICT for Health Care: Technology & care settings in an aging society
- Future Mobility & Smart Mobility: changes in market parameters (technology, players, customer behavior)
- Smart buildings, Smart-Cities and Development of PEBs (Positive Energy Blocks)
- Forms of Self-Organization as Prerequisite for Innovativeness
- Servitization: Service Engineering & Service Design Thinking
- Educating Tomorrow’s Project-, Engineering- & Innovation Managers
- Sustainable Green Engineering
- Agile Methods for Hard-, Software, and Management
- Design Thinking in Engineering
- Advanced Organization Technologies
- Rethinking Project Management
- Women & STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics)
Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Living-Labs & Open-Innovation: Innovation in the Fuzzy Front-End Process, User Driven Innovation, eXperience Design, User eXperience & Design Thinking
- Technology & Trend Foresight Management
- Strategy and Business Models for commercializing high technologies
- Responsible Research & Innovation – Socio-Technical Integration Research
- Technology Transfer & Innovation Systems
- Research and Innovation in Creative Industries
- Sustainability in Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Tech- & Digital Entrepreneurship
- Intrapreneurship & Corporate Venturing
We also consider all other submissions in the field of technology, innovation, and entrepreneurship. If you have any question regarding your submission, please contact the general chairs: ConferenceChairs@ICE-IEEE-2018.org.