How will you benefit from publishing open access in European Clinical Respiratory Journal?
- Your research will be more discoverable
Indexed in PubMed Central/PubMed, DOAJ, Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI), and Google Scholar
- Your research will have a larger audience
Your published article can be discovered and read for free by anyone, anywhere in the world. Articles published open access on our platform are read eight times more than articles published in a traditional subscription journal
- Your research gains a recognized stamp of quality
Our robust peer review process assures readers that the journal only includes valuable new research
Aims & Scope
European Clinical Respiratory Journal is an open access journal publishing clinical and experimental studies, case reports, expert opinions, and reviews in the area of respiratory diseases in children, adults and the elderly. Our journal is split into two sections: a scientific section and an educational section, each focusing on different fascits of treating and understanding respiratory diseases. Topics covered include:
1. Scientific section
- Epidemiology of disease
- Preventive strategies
- Pathophysiological and immunological mechanisms of respiratory diseases
- Identification of potential future treatment targets and novel treatments of respiratory diseases
- Clinical trials including randomized, placebo controlled and observational “real life” clinical trials
- Clinical aspects of respiratory disease including systemic involvement and comorbidities
- Improved diagnostic and research methods, including imaging techniques, physiological tests, sampling techniques and biomarkers
- Occupational and environment related lung disease
- Progress in smoking intervention and cessation methods
- Disease and management-related issues, including self-management
- Respiratory intensive and critical care
- Updates on the status of and advances in specific disease areas, including allergy, asthma, ARDS, COPD, ILD, Cystic Fibrosis, bronchiectasis, respiratory infectious diseases, tuberculosis, lung cancer, and sleep-disordered breathing morbidity:
2. Educational section
- Treatment guidelines overview
- Diagnostic procedures and recommendations
- Literature reviews and meta-analyses
- Case presentations and reviews of the literature
- Letter to the editor
- Expert opinions
- Expert meetings and symposium proceedings
- Visit our Instructions for Authors page before submitting your work.
- To submit your paper, visit our Editorial Manager page.
The standard article publishing charge (APC) for this journal is: €1400/$1582/£1218 (or €750/$848/£653 for members of The Nordic Respiratory Societies), for up to 7 pages. The APC for Short Communication up to 4 typeset pages is: €800/$904/£696. Articles exceeding these page limits will incur an additional charge of: €65/$73/£57 per page. Depending on your location, these charges may be subject to local taxes.
Find out more about article publishing charges and funding options.
- Chief Editor: Leif Bjermer, Lund, Sweden
Want to know more about the journal?
Click on the links below to gain access to recently published papers from European Clinical Respiratory Journal
- Dermot Ryan, John Blakey, Alison Chisholm, David Price, Mike Thomas, Björn Ställberg, Karin Lisspers, Janwillem W. H. Kocks & on behalf of the Respiratory Effectiveness Group
- Dea Kejlberg Jensen, Anders Villumsen, Anne-Bine Skytte, Mia Gebauer Madsen, Mette Sommerlund & Elisabeth Bendstrup
- Karin D. Eikhof, Kristine R. Olsen, N. C. H. Wrengler, Carl Nielsen, Uffe Bodtger, Ingrid L. Titlestad & Ulla M. Weinreich
- Minna Purokivi, Ulla Hodgson, Marjukka Myllärniemi, Eija-Riitta Salomaa & Riitta Kaarteenaho