Jazz Perspectives is a refereed academic journal with an international editorial board of renowned jazz scholars, and is a peer-reviewed journal entirely devoted to jazz scholarship. Its mission is to stimulate the international study and appreciation of the rich legacy of jazz and its many musical and cultural tangents, both past and present.
The journal considers all jazz studies articles, reporting on original research and analysis. The journal is an open platform; some topic ideas below:
- historical inquiry
- music analysis
- cultural studies
- oral history
- primary source studies (recordings, texts, transcriptions, manuscripts, etc.) Submissions must follow the journal’s normal form and style guidelines and include both proper documentation and appropriate contextual, historical and/or analytical commentary.
The journal furthermore includes reviews and essays on significant recent literature and new recordings and media. Bridging the jazz-as-music and jazz-as-culture divide of contemporary jazz studies, the journal promotes broader, international perspectives on the jazz tradition and its legacy.The pages of the journal are devoted to all aspects of - and all approaches to - jazz scholarship.
**Authors that wish to propose other non-conventional submission formats or materials should contact the editors for advice. Articles may be submitted at any time and will always be considered for the next available journal space.
Why Publish with Jazz Perspectives?
In addition to the prestige of publishing in this unique journal, authors receive the following benefits:
- Validate your research through a robust peer review process
- Increase your opportunities for future collaboration
- Share your research with 50 free e-prints and tips on promoting your article courtesy of our Author Resources site
- Immediately see the impact your research made in the community: track downloads, citations, and the Altmetric Score of your article on My Authored Works
- And much more!
For detailed instructions on how to submit to Jazz Perspectives, please visit our Author Instructions Site.
How to Submit
- All communications should be submitted via email to the Editor-in-Chief, Ken Prouty at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Articles may be submitted online using ScholarOne Manuscripts™ at: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/rjaz
- Reviews are generally assigned and not peer-reviewed. However, on occasion, a suggestion for a review will be accepted. All review ideas should be sent to the appropriate review editor.
- For further information on preparing your manuscript, click here for the instructions for authors.