Want to publish with one of the first journals of its kind?
Art in Translation is the first journal that takes as its mission the publication of quality English language translation of the most significant and interesting articles on visual culture, presently available only in their source languages.In addition to texts on contemporary visual culture, the journal also publishes key texts from earlier decades and centuries, which have never before been available in English.
Submit to Art in Translation and be a part of new dialogues between languages and cultures and help promote new transcultural relationships.
These texts are drawn from all areas of the visual arts:
- installation works
- digital media
Visit our Author Services page for helpful tips and step-by-step guide to publishing your work!
How to Submit
Please visit the Instructions for Authors Page for detailed instructions and guidelines on how to submit translated texts along with original texts.
Why Publish with Art in Translation?
What are the benefits to you, the author?
In addition to the prestige of publishing in this unique journal, authors receive the following benefits:
- Validate your research through a robust peer review process
- Increase your opportunities for future collaboration
- Share your research with 50 free e-prints and tips on promoting your article courtesy of our Author Resources site
- Immediately see the impact your research made in the community: track downloads, citations, and the Altmetric Score of your article on My Authored Works
- And much more!
- Co-Editor : Iain Boyd Whyte , Edinburgh School of Architecture and Landscape Architecture, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
- Co-Editor : Claudia Hopkins , History of Art, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK