Sexual and Relationship Therapy is among the premier journals within its field. Launched in 1974 under the title Sexual and Marital Therapy, the Journal has developed and is now published four times a year in simultaneous print and online editions, and holds international recognition. The Journal is the Official Journal of the College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists and is published by Routledge, Taylor and Francis.
Sexual and Relationship Therapy offers an active, multidisciplinary forum for review and debate across the spectrum of sexual and relationship dysfunctions and therapies. The Journal presents original research and best practice and is a vehicle for new theory, methodology and application.
Featured topics in the Journal include sexual and couple issues of all kinds; emerging therapies and psychophysiology of sexual function, and are covered by original research papers; clinical case reports; commissioned leading comments critical educational reviews; special editions and correspondence.
We are seeking an outstanding individual with the following skills:
- Psychosexual training or experience in the field of Sexology
- Leadership, planning, management, communication and writing skills
- Comprehensive and up to date academic and/or clinical knowledge of the field of sexual and relationship therapy
- Experience of peer review and editing
Main tasks include:
- Strategic Planning
- Ensuring copy flow for four editions of the journal annually
- Being well informed academically
- Managing the Editorial Board and being responsible for the co-ordination of the Journal’s online submission: ScholarOne Manuscripts, assigning manuscripts for referees for peer review, ensuring timely delivery and making final editorial decisions on submissions ensuring fairness and balance
- Liaising closely with COSRT and the Publishers of the Journal
- Promoting the work of the journal to the academic community and representing the journal at relevant events and conferences
- Ensuring Editors, peer reviewers, and authors, adhere to the Journal’s Code of Publishing Ethics
- Must be able to attend relevant meetings which are UK based
COSRT and Taylor & Francis provide advice and support, as well as a fee currently £2,500 per annum and modest expenses.
If you are interested in further information please contact Anne Buggy, Business Manager at COSRT on 0208 543 2707 or email@example.com. If you would like to talk about the post please contact Marja Crowther on firstname.lastname@example.org or Alex Iantaffi on email@example.com to arrange a time to speak (Alex will not be involved in the selection of the new Editor).
The closing date for receipt of applications will be 31st December 2017 and interviews will be held in London. Reasonable UK expenses will be paid.
A statement from the current Editor in Chief, Alex Iantaffi
"When I accepted the position of Editor-in-Chief for the Journal of Sexual and Relationship Therapy in 2007, I felt incredibly honoured to be trusted with such a legacy. The Journal had a long life before me and so many wonderful scholars and clinicians had already contributed to its birth and growth. I also felt a little intimated, as I did not yet know all the places this adventure would take me. Ten years on, I am still honoured to be EIC for this wonderful Journal, to have contributed to its growth, its International standing and the earning of an increasing Impact Factor.
I have not, and could not have done this alone. I am grateful to COSRT, to our Editorial Board, the reviewers, the authors, Taylor & Francis and all our readers. I am also grateful to Dr Walter Bouman who accompanied me as Deputy Editor for several years before going on to become the EIC for the International Journal of Transgenderism. The time has come though to say goodbye and embark on new adventures. Ten years seem long enough to hold on to leadership and, as someone who believes in rotating leadership, it is most certainly time to let go and support the next person moving into this role.
I will accompany the Journal as EIC until June 2018. I hope to see many of you at the COSRT conference in June 2018, accompanied by a wonderful Special Issue. In the meantime, happy reading and thank you for ten wonderful years!"
Alex Iantaffi, PhD, MS, LMFT.